Kyo Roll En, by Chef-Owner Dej Kewkacha, returns this mooncake season with the most ambitious project with 4 of the biggest names in Bangkok fine-dining scene with total of 4 Michelin stars joining forces in a one-off collaboration: – “Thai Tea” mooncake by Chef Ton (Thitid Tassanakajohn) of LE DU (1 Michelin Star and recently
Kyo Roll En, by Chef-Owner Dej Kewkacha, returns this mooncake season with the most ambitious project with
4 of the biggest names in Bangkok fine-dining scene with total of 4 Michelin stars joining forces in a one-off collaboration:
– “Thai Tea” mooncake by Chef Ton (Thitid Tassanakajohn) of LE DU (1 Michelin Star and recently voted #1 Asia’s Best Restaurant 2023 by World’s 50 Best Restaurants) inspired by the recent worldwide frenzy over local ’Thai Milk Tea’, stuffed with prized ‘Kuromame’ black soy bean from Japan.
– ‘Homemade Fish Floss’ mooncake by Chef Pam (Pichaya Soontornyanakij) of POTONG (1 Michelin star) inspired by Chef Pam’s childhood favorite ‘Pun Clip’ snack of Thai-Chinese origin, traditionally made with sweet-savory fish floss, stuffed with sweet red bean paste.
– ‘Black Forest’ by Chef Thomas & Mathias Suhring of SUHRNG (2 Michelin Stars for 7 consecutive years), inspired by traditional German ‘Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte’ or Black Forest cake , made with chocolate, cherry filling and a hint of Kirsch liquor.
– ’Satsuma Imo’ by Dej Kewkacha, an all-time favorite flavor since day one, Chef Dej recreates the ubiquitous Japanese snack of grilled sweet potato ‘Yaki-Imo’ using finest ‘Beni-Haruka’ variety from Kyushu, Japan. The sweetness is all-natural with no additional sugar added.
‘Limited Edition All-Star Mooncake’ is presented in a 4-tier treasure box , with the design drawing inspirations from famous landmarks of each of the chef’s cuisine origin from Thailand to China, Japan and Germany, with each drawer containing two pieces from each chef. (total 8 pieces, 4 flavors) Price 1,888 baht
Additionally, Kyo Roll En presents the classic mooncake series with 4 flavors:
– (aforementioned) Satsuma Imo
– Yuzu Lava (recommended to consume ‘warm’ after putting 30sec in microwave for the ultimate oozing sensation)
– traditional Durian with Salted-Egg
– NEW 2023! Matcha Mont Blanc, made with Tamba Chestnut and Uji Matcha, both from Kyoto.
Available in 2 different boxes: Classic ‘Pop-Up’ Box with 4 pcs (499 baht) or Premium Box with 8pcs (2 of each classic flavors) at 999 baht.
All mooncakes should be stored in the refrigerator and should be consumed within 14 days.
Available now till 30 September 2023 via www.kyorollen.com/mooncake or at any Kyo Roll En (Kyo Bar / Kyo Cafe & Meal / Mont Blanc by Kyo Roll En) outlets or LINE: @kyorollen
Ready for collection from 21 August till 30 September 2023 at any Kyo Roll En outlet or home delivery (200 baht delivery fees for Bangkok and 300 baht nationwide)