Seeking to help guests explore the world with confidence again, Capella Hotels and Resorts has launched a unique selection of 72-hour itineraries that delve into the soul of Asia with guests’ welfare in mind. Carefully curated by the hotel’s culturists, each itinerary leverages their expert knowledge of the destination and connections with local craftsmen, and
Seeking to help guests explore the world with confidence again, Capella Hotels and Resorts has launched a unique selection of 72-hour itineraries that delve into the soul of Asia with guests’ welfare in mind. Carefully curated by the hotel’s culturists, each itinerary leverages their expert knowledge of the destination and connections with local craftsmen, and is safely designed to immerse guests into the
locale’s heritage, gastronomy and culture. The all-inclusive packages are punctuated by unparalleled local experiences, accompanied by the refined pleasures – from spa to dining – each Capella Hotels and Resorts has to offer.
1. Capella Ubud – Travellers seeking the calming effects of nature With refined tents nestled in the heart of Bali’s lush jungle, Capella Ubud is ideal for travellers eager to return to nature. Celebrate the new glorious day with a guided sunrise hike on Mount Batur; partake in a spiritual purification ritual at the Wos River Temple with a local priest, and trek through rice paddies before arriving at a farmers’ hut to learn the art of jamu, an Indonesian health elixir.
Within the compounds of the camp, be treated to a grand Indonesian Rijstaffel lunch at Mads Lange, a theatrical omakase Asian barbeque at Api Jawa, as well as an authentic Balinese massage while being serenaded by the soothing sound of nature.
Be safely guided through the buzzing city of Bangkok
2. Capella Bangkok – Foodie holiday for those with an appetite As Southeast Asia’s culinary capital, Bangkok has one of the richest culinary variety in the region. Dive into the sights, sounds and flavours of the city worry-free with Capella Bangkok’s masterchef, Chef Lek, as he takes you on a truly intimate street food crawl to meet the local chefs of his childhood. Avoiding the usual haunts of Bangkok, our Culturists introduces you to the many communities of Charoenkrung and Charoennakorn roads, moving between bikes and boats. After all the excitement, return back to Auriga Wellness for an authentic Tok Sen (Thai Hammer) Massage.
No visit to Capella Bangkok is complete without dining at its exceptional restaurants.
Uncover Thailand’s culinary past at Phra Nakhon; sip jewel-like cocktails at Stella, and savour
Riviera-inspired dishes at Côte by Mauro Colagreco, the award-winning chef’s first restaurant in Southeast Asia.
Learn pottery-marking secrets from a local craftswoman at Hanoi
3. Capella Hanoi – For art enthusiasts with fine taste
Craftmanship is ingrained in Hanoi and guests of Capella Hanoi will have the privilege of learning lacquer painting from one of the city’s most famous lacquer painters as well as visit an ancient ceramic and pottery village, where a local craftswoman will be there to pass down her wisdom inherited from generations before.
Back at the hotel, continue to be creatively inspired by Capella Hotel’s elaborate, museumcalibre design, where every corner showcases memorabilia from the 1920s or original paintings by prolific artist, Kate Spencer. Looking to inspire the great parties of the 1920s, Capella Hanoi has also curated a private starlight rooftop dinner and traditional Vietnamese sharing lunch at Backstage.
You will then be lulled into a state of bliss with a traditional Vietnamese massage at Auriga Spa.
4. Capella Shanghai – The ultimate experience for history buffs
The vibrant city of Shanghai is a true embodiment of the term ‘East meets West’ and you can embrace the duality in the last remaining Shikumen houses at Capella Shanghai. There, you will meet up with wai po (grandmother), who grew up in the same shikumen estate back in the 1930s. Join her as she retraces memories of her youth, haggling for ingredients in a wet market before cooking up a feast of the past. A gateway to the picturesque city’s sights and culture, you will also be led to lesser-known neighbourhoods with a local photographer to capture the best spots.
Capella Shanghai is home to one-Michelin-starred restaurant le Comptoir de Pierre Gagnaire and bons vivants can look forward to an afternoon tea and lunch specially created by the restaurant, before unwinding with a unique Qi massage at the elegantly-restored Auriga Spa during their 4 Days 3 Nights stay.
Savour an unforgettable dinner on the beach at Sanya
5. Capella Sanya – Asia’s best-kept secret for an idyllic beach getaway
With vistas across the azure South China Sea, Capella Sanya is highly regarded for its luxurious suites and villas boasting ample space. Form a bond with the local fishermen and go on a picturesque sail to learn traditional fishing techniques. Coffee lovers can also rejoice, as you embark on an exciting road trip to discover China’s lesser-known, intriguing coffee culture.
Relax and be pampered with a contemporary Cantonese lunch at award-winning restaurant, Lan Ting, along with a romantic dinner on the beach. To complete the perfect beach holiday, our culturists will also arrange a traditional Chinese massage and wellness treatment to ease any aches.
6. Capella Singapore – Discover Asia’s diverse array of ethnic culture
Unlike a melting pot, Singapore celebrates multiculturalism, where each distinctive race, culture and traditions are preserved and appreciated. In a vintage sidecar, whizz through the city to learn about Chinese feng shui; Malay customs; Peranakan architecture and Indian cuisine. An afternoon of wits is planned the following day, as a mah-jong expert teaches you how to master the strategic tile-based game.
With the #HelloAsia offer, guests will also enjoy $100 Dining Credits to be used at either Bob’s Bar or The Knolls; $100 Dining Credits at Cassia; and Auriga Spa’s signature Senya Sunyi Massage which combines Chinese and Javanese techniques.
Capella Hotels and Resorts’ #HelloAsia offers will be available for purchase from now until 31 May 2021, with a flexible stay period from now until 31 December 2021.
For more information about Capella Hotels and Resorts, please visit www.capellahotels.com