The economies of the Southeast Asian countries are on the path to recovery. As the GDP recovers from the negative trend in 2020, the countries in the Asia Pacific region are showing exemplary resilience, driving the economies towards a positive start in 2023. The Global Economics – a premier news analysis platform has handpicked more
The economies of the Southeast Asian countries are on the path to recovery. As the GDP recovers from the negative trend in 2020, the countries in the Asia Pacific region are showing exemplary resilience, driving the economies towards a positive start in 2023.
The Global Economics – a premier news analysis platform has handpicked more than 30 organisations that drove the economic recovery of Thailand and predominant Southeast Asian markets. In an event organised on the 20th of January 2023 at Avani Riverside Bangkok located on the pristine banks of the Chao Phraya River. These organisations were awarded, and their hard work was recognized and appreciated.
About The Global Economics Award
The Global Economics hosts a prestigious award program that celebrates the hard work, dedication, and nation- building activities of businesses across the globe. Honouring the work culture of companies and their desire for excellence were also key highlights of the program hosted by this business publication,
The award categories in 2022 were in the sectors of:
- Banking (Central, Digital, Private, Retail, and Islamic)
- Non-Banking (Funds, Taxation, Insurance, Wealth & Asset Management)
- Markets (Energy, Utility, Forex and Brokerage)
- Infrastructure (Telecom, Real Estate, Healthcare, and Logistics)
- Lifestyle (Hospitality, Tourism, Technology, and Leadership)
TPI Group had graciously sponsored this event. The company itself is a leading driver of growth in the region. Being the second largest cement manufacturer in Thailand, the company is responsible for the improvement of the employment scenario in Thailand in specific and Southeast Asia in general. Their motto is “we build the future” anchoring on Technology to deliver world-class quality products with innovations enhancing customers’ value proposition via their over 5,000 SKUs product portfolio. They firmly commit to conducting business in a sustainable manner embracing Bio Circular Green Economy while adhering to the ESG (Environment, Social, and Governance) precepts.
The awards were presented by the noted human resource development enthusiast, Professor Dr Kriengsak Chareonwongsak, who is an alumnus of the University of Cambridge and the University of Oxford. Professor Dr Kriengsak Chareonwongsak is known for his selfless work in the field of economics and the upward mobility of the people of Southeast Asia. He is also the founder of Institute of Future Studies for Development (IFD) which is a nonprofit body that furthers his vision to make the region prepared for the changes and disruptions in the economy in the future.
Professor Dr Kriengsak Chareonwongsak said “In these trying economic times, it has never been more important to spotlight those making an impact and helping consumers and businesses meet the challenges head-on. It’s very encouraging to see this event hosted in Bangkok and to recognize so many organisations innovating and committing themselves towards supporting and maintaining the economy in the region.”
Recipients of The Global Economics Award 2022
The Global Economics Award 2022 recognized the contribution of more than 30 Asia Pacific companies. Some of the notable companies that were awarded are listed below –
- TPI Polene – The second largest cement manufacturer in Thailand, TPI Polene performed exceptionally well in 2022.
- Siam Commercial Bank- A century-old bank and the first one in Thailand – SCB caters to millions of Thai people daily. Today, the bank is present in almost all the countries in Southeast Asia.
- KTB- Krungthai Bank is a state-owned bank that boasts of serving more than 40 million people in Thailand and has been awarded for showing exceptional work ethics.
- Muang Thai Life Insurance- With an illustrious experience of more than 60 years, Muang Thai Life Insurance has been insuring the life of ordinary Thai citizens efficiently.
- Asset Pro Management – The firm provides personalised financial advisories to its clients who seek alternative financial solutions for their businesses.
- Mula-X- The modern-day digital lending platform is on a mission to empower ordinary Thai citizens by providing loans using alternative credit scoring techniques.
Other notable winners of the Global Economics Award 2022 include Evolt Technology, Sompo Insurance, VGI, Nam Wiwat Medical, I&I Group, Interlink Telecom and more to name.
The USP of the Global Economics Awards is that here, not just those companies achieving solid growth are rewarded, but those that have positively impacted the lives of ordinary people in their geography are also recognized as well.
Mula-X, the digital lending platform, is one such company that empowers a section of society for whom the door to traditional lending opportunities is closed. Lyn Kok, Founder and CEO of Mula-X said, “Our biggest reward is seeing the tangible impacts when we deliver against our purpose. However, it’s also really encouraging when our achievements receive external validation, and we are thrilled to receive two accolades from The Global Economics Awards.”
For Detailed Coverage, Visit The Global Economics